Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Remembering

I cant believe that it has been a year today since the shooting at VA Tech. Where does the time go? I know that we are not supposed to dwell on things but how quickly we forget the tragic events of that day. It is so easy to go back to a normal life when you are not directly effected. Did we learn anything from that day? I read all these articles about how we need to have better security on college campuses or more gun control. Those issues probably need to be addressed but I honestly think the real issue is that these people need Jesus. There is so much hatred in this world today. There are many people who condemn people to hell and say they deserve it but the fact is that we all deserve it. If we truly could grasp the concept of how horrible of a place hell really is, I think our outlook on non Christians would be totally different.
I had a conversation with a friend the other day about finding it hard to think about not believing in God because it has always been a part of my life. No wonder there is so much despair and depression in our nation. I could not imagine not believing that God is truly in control and He does see the bigger picture. Christians are so quick to judge and point out the sin in people's life, that they miss the fact that most people just need someone that will love them. They need someone to show them the grace and mercy that God showed us the day He sent Jesus to die for us. We act like we deserve our salvation and that we did something to earn it. God's intent was not for us to become arrogant and proud. If anything, we should be humbled at His feet daily.
I want my life to be different. I want people to see God in my actions and not just my words. I want to see the pain of this world through His eyes. I want to love people the way Jesus loved them. I think that if that is our pray as a body of believers, we will begin to truly care about people. We will actually pray for them when we tell them that we will. It is not just something we say. I want to stand out but not in an arrogant way. I want people to see that even when things are so crazy in my life or things are going so bad, that I still have the joy of the Lord in my heart. My prayer is that we do not forgot this day. I pray that we begin to make a difference in our Nation by standing up for what we believe in. I pray that the negativity that comes along with the word "Christian" would begin to wiped away with our generation!

No comments: