Saturday, August 21, 2010

What I Am Learning

Summer is officially over for CSM LA. It went by so fast and I can't believe its actually over. Of course, posting pictures took a back seat! I don't know what I was thinking trying to start something like that in the middle of the busiest summer of my life!

I have been learning so much this summer about God, His character, and His plan for my life. As much as I have fallen in love with L.A., it is very much outside of my comfort zone. I have had to really trust God in this whole plan because honestly, I don't know if I would have picked L.A. Thank goodness He sees the bigger picture because it has been the best decision for me right now. I could not ask for a better team of people around me.

I am excited for the plans that we have for our city. I am excited to see this ministry grow and teach kids more and more about God's love for the city and His people. I am excited to continue the relationships with our ministry sites this fall and be able to serve along side of them. I mean, I seriously have the best job ever. I get to work full time with people in the city living out the gospel. How amazing is that? It's so much more than giving money or handing out food. I have the opportunity to build deep, meaningful, relationships with people who teach me every day what real faith and trust in God looks like. I don't know why God has chosen me. I am thankful every day that He did.

No comments: